Saturday, June 25, 2005

File under fatuous bullshit

Cover Art from some australian website

Joni Mitchell explains her unusually lengthy writers block:

Joni Mitchell, who signed up for the Starbucks series, explains on the shop's website: "By the end of the 20th century, it seemed to me that the muse had gone out of music and all that was left was the 'ic'. Nothing sounded genuine or original. Truth and beauty were passe . . . I quit the business. I volunteered to take part in [this project] in order to force myself to review the songs and compositions that, over the course of my life, really got to me."
Here's Joni's pre-1977 selections. Included among the songs that "really got to [her]" are "Johnny B. Goode", "Saturday Night Fish Fry" and "Third World Man" (Steely Dan).

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home