Saturday, July 02, 2005

My 2005 Faves and my Decade Midpoint List

My faves of 2005 so far:
  • Akron/Family - self-titled
  • Antony and the Johnsons - I Am A Bird Now
  • Beequeen - Bodyshop
  • Caribou - The Milk of Human Kindness
  • Great Lakes Swimmers - self-titled
  • Josephine Foster - Hazel Eyes I Will Lead You
  • M. Ward - Transistor Radio
  • Magnolia Electric Company - What Comes After The Blues
  • Matt Sweeny and Bonnie Prince Billy - Superwolf
  • Yo La Tengo - Prisoners of Love / Smattering of Outtakes
  • The Mountain Goats - Sunset Tree
  • Okkervil River - Black sheep Boy
  • Oneida - The Wedding
  • Smog - A River Ain't Too Much To Love


And since it's the mid-point of the decade, here are my faves from 2001-2004:

  • Nick Cave and The Bad Seeds - No More Shall We Part
  • Low - Things We Lost in The Fire
  • Eels - Souljacker
  • Dynamite Walls - Skyscraper National Park
  • The Shins - Oh Inverted World
  • timonium - resist education
  • Elvis Costello - When I Was Cruel
  • The Flaming Lips - Yoshimi Battles The Pink Robots
  • Johnny Cash - American IV
  • My Pal Foot Foot - Black Knight, Black Tie
  • Sonic Youth - Murray Street
  • The Decemberists - Castaways and Cutouts
  • Andersens - Between Static and Fire
  • Cat Power - You Are Free
  • Sufjan Stevens - Greetings From Michigan
  • White Stripes - Elephant
  • Yo La Tengo - Summer Sun
  • Animal Collective - Sung Tongs
  • Arcade Fire - Funeral
  • Bellafea - Family Tree
  • Devendra Banhart - Rejoicing In The Hands
  • Doug Hilsinger With Caroleen Beatty - Brian Eno's Taking Tiger Mountain by Strategy
  • The Fiery Furnaces - Blueberry Boat
  • Iron & Wine - Our Endless Numbered Days
  • Liz Durrett - Husk
  • Mission of Burma - ONoffON
  • Modest Mouse - Good News for People Who Love Bad News
  • PJ Harvey - Uh huh, her
  • Six Organs of Admittance - School of the Flower
  • The Skygreen Leopards - Life and Love in Sparrow's Meadow
  • Tom Waits - Real Gone
  • Bobby Dylan - Love and Theft

2 Comments:

At 12:05 PM, Blogger Eric XXL said...

Christ almighty, I got to crawl from under the rock tbat shields from the cruel, cruel sun and progress into the 21st century. I only have 3 of those albums but I'm assuming the rest our choice

 
At 4:06 PM, Blogger Jim H said...

I likes 'em. I'm afraid to add South San Gabriel's Carleton Chronicles cuz then y'all know what a cat-loving wimp I've become since my mosh pit kill all hippies days.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home