Monday, April 18, 2005

Robert Pollard - Drunkest Man on PBS

I believe this is the same Frank Smith who put out a San Francisco Tiffany fanzine.

I’m a Strong Lion: Robert Pollard’s From a Compound Eye

April 18, 2005

by Frank Smith

Robert Pollard is the drunkest man I’ve ever seen on PBS. Granted, I don’t watch a lot of PBS. And, when I told a friend that I didn’t like the new Robert Pollard album, he prevailed upon me to take a suitcase of acid, drive out to the desert and listen to the album on an eight-track player. Lacking the resources to put any of this together, I shotgunned a twelve- pack of the new Anheuser-Busch B-to-the-E concoction and listened to Pollard’s From a Compound Eye while lying on my floor. Midway through the third listen, I found myself tuned to the proper wavelength and I have since been incapable of listening to anything else.

read the rest....

1 Comments:

At 8:15 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

No, you moron, this isn't the same Frank Smith that did a Tiffany fanzine in the '80s.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home