Saturday, May 21, 2005

And the White Stripes hype only pulls me further into the vortex

Meg White interviews Jack White about ‘Get Behind Me Satan’

Meg: "Jack are these songs about you?"
Jack: "No Meg, they're about you."
M: "I wish"
J: "No you don't. You know I don't write about myself or my friends, let alone my sister."
M: "I thought maybe you made an exception after coming out of the closet."
J: (purrs)

M: "Can you tell me a little bit about the album cover?"
J: "I don't know Meg, can you tell me a little bit about the universe?"
M: "You want to talk quantum physics or quantum mechanics?"
J: "Shut up"

M: "What does 'Blue Orchid' mean to you?"
J: "The same thing pizza means to you."
M: "Jack, why can't you be cool?"
J: "Because you're trying to trick me again!"
M: “Jack the only trick I ever played on you was never tricking you at all."
J: "You're right."

M: "Your voice sounds really high on this record like the old days."
J: "I noticed that too."
M: "Want a cigarette?"
J: "Shut up"

M: "Was this album pleasant for you to make?"
J: "It's always pleasant to work with you Meg"
M: "I know that, but did you enjoy yourself?"
J: "This album was cursed when we started, and then suddenly came around near the end. Then I started to enjoy it, Remember?"
M: "Yeah I remember."

J: "Anything else "you" would like to know?"
M: "Only if you're happy with the record."
J: "Yes I am. I think it's our most dense sounding record yet. Don't you?"
M: "Shut up."

J: "Want to make another one?"
M: "Hmmmmmm ... With you?"
J: (purrs)

From "Jack White: This Album Was Cursed!"

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home