Tuesday, June 28, 2005

My Summer Book list (UPDATE)

Updates in italics


  • "A Game of Thrones" - Little Bro' gave this to me to read eons ago - I finally picked it up on a coast-to-coast flight. Pretty good fantasy set in an imaginary midevel world.
  • "Art of the Mix Tape" - Fun book
  • "The New X-Men" - Grant Morrison's take on things has been collected into several books. He's held back a bit by Marvel's stupid universe continuity bullshit but he gets to add his new mutants -- such as the guy whose skinflakes turn into Golems that freakin' fight, man.
  • "The Night Torn with Mad Footsteps" - Bukowski. Need I say any more. Random grab stanza quote: "Death is not a problem / waiting around for it is."
  • "F. Scott Fitzgerald's The Great Gatsby: A Literary Reference" - Brucolli, ed.
  • "The Great Gatsby"
  • UPDATE: "Kill Me Now" edited by Legs McNeil jumped into my hands at a bookstore and said README
  • I'm also enjoy Thurston's Moore's "Alabama Wildman" though his definition of "wildman" is very relative (hint: he's a geek)

I saw that there's a collection of Elmore Leonard's Western Stories (I really dug the "Cuba Libre" book - we need more hardboiled Westerns set in Cuba!) when I was flipping through the channel and came across that Pamela Sue Bigtits (is her last name Anderson or Lee?) show that set in a bookstore.

Ha, what a way to find out about books. Anyway, I may get that if I finish these before summer ends.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home