Monday, October 17, 2005

Letters to Lisa

Dear Lisa,

So I was just thinking - isn't it great that Swing Dancing is over? I like Zoot Suits but not on 20-somethings (well, now they're 30-somethings). Then there was that Country line dancing craze 10 years ago. That really sucked. I remember watching some guy with a cowboy hat spreading sawdust on the bar floor. He wore a Garth Brooks style get-up and was so self-important about his role in this (then very hot) bar. I was reminded of Roadhouse. But back then it was hard to meet girls unless you did that crap.

I hope they bring back bird-cage dancing, now. At least just for guys only. And they have to wear mascara and mini-skirts or none of the girls will talk to them. I'd do that, yeah. Or maybe French Sun God solo dancing where you dress up in gold frills and vogue as if you are in an 18th century portrait.

Oh, I saw a dead body today along the highway. He, obviously a he, was laying in the back seat of a car that was scrunched up and flattened and the door was off. He was wearing shorts and a T-shirt and had white socks and sneakers on. All you could see was his torso and bent legs, the rest of the body was prone and apparently had flown back into the trunk area with the omni-directional violence. I cut off the CD and drove the rest of the way to work in silence. The image is still with me and people at work asked me what was wrong even though I didn't think I was outwardly showing anything.

I see hundreds of people get killed on TV in a week and can hardly remember this beheading from that disembowelment to that stabbing but that boy with his bent legs probably driving around with his friends or Mom before school...

See you soon,

Jim

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home