Wednesday, October 05, 2005

Love Courtney (Spin Interview)

- She still hates Dave Grohl
- She still hates Bikini Kill
- She's off the crack but still seems paranoid
- She thinks her "Bellvue gurney" moment topped anything Lydia Lunch has done
- She's a bigger badass than 50 Cent

Clip - read the rest here:

So what do you listen to these days?

The only thing that's really riled me up in the last ten years has been the White Stripes. That's the one band that's gotten me competitive, and that's good. That's where I go, "Oh, fuck you! I'm going to make mincemeat out of you and hand you your ass." I told [music journalist] Neil Strauss, "I have a magical pussy, and it's only for Jack," which was a stupid thing to do, because I had to go to Japan with him in first class and sit there for 18 hours turning green while he shunned me. I like this new music. I don't think Snow Patrol is going to sell jillions, but I don't give a shit. I can turn on the radio right now and be inspired. We went through ten years of the Limp Bizkit thing, and I didn't know what to do. I have to be part of a community. I don't care if they're young or old, as long as they can wear crazy makeup and show their tits onstage. I'm 41, I can't show my tits onstage anymore. Me on David Letterman's desk? That's the last titty you get. The guy at Wendy's? That was the end of me and my tits.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home